[Baruch College message header from the Office of the President]

April 11, 2024

Unveiling the Tapestry of Thought: My Blog Reorganized

Dear Baruch College Community,

As I often wander through the streets of New York City, reveling in its rich tapestry of sounds, sights, and rhythms, I am reminded of the profound interconnection between our lived experiences and the ever-evolving world of higher education. Over the past four years (45 months, to be precise), my musings on the intricate dance of technology with humanity, the enriching power of communal narratives, and the profound influence of the arts have led to the emergence of recurrent themes that are not only reflective of my contemplations but resonate deeply with the ethos of Baruch.

With great anticipation, I invite you to delve into the reimagined landscape of my President's Blog<https://presidentsblog.baruch.cuny.edu/>, now reorganized into realms of exploration that hold the potential to ignite a collective inquiry and foster additional dialogues.

As you arrive at the refreshed portal of my blog, you will be greeted with a pathway to my latest entry. The archive has been intuitively curated, allowing you to navigate to topics that stir your curiosity or speak to your passions.

The categories for exploration are as follows:

  *   Higher Education Reimagined
  *   From Personal to Universal
  *   Technology and the Future
  *   Power of Communities
  *   Driving Change and Innovation

My hope is that you will venture through each category, engaging with the ideas and insights that have not only inspired my journey as President of Baruch but also serve to enrich our shared dialogue. It is in this shared space that I hope to offer support and fortify the vibrant, collaborative spirit that is the hallmark of our community.

I am profoundly grateful for the dynamic exchanges we have shared-both online and in person-and I look forward to deepening our engagement and expanding our conversations as we stride into the future.

With warmest regards,

S. David Wu, PhD
President, Baruch College

[cid:image003.jpg@01DA3294.6DFFA4F0]