Baruch College message header from the Office of the President

January 23, 2024

“Why Should We Pay Close Attention to AI?”: President S. David Wu’s New Blog Post

Dear Baruch College Community,

Chief among the core values of Baruch College’s recently launched Strategic Plan 2023-28 are excellence and innovation, staying at the forefront of what we teach and create. As such, we are committed to thinking creatively about how we prepare students and ourselves for a future that may be drastically different than what we have presumed. In my first blog post for the 2023–24 academic year, “Why Should We Pay Close Attention to AI?, I continue our community’s exploration of one of the critical conversations of our age, the far-reaching topic of artificial intelligence (AI), its tremendous capabilities and benefits, its risks and perils, and its impact on our collective future.

Please join me in exploring the questions that AI, especially generative AI, presents. Our answers as a college—as a society—will help us navigate and define the 21st century. I will be moving away from posting a monthly blog. Instead, I will publish a blog when I have specific thoughts and ideas that are worthy of a dialogue within our community.

I look forward to engaging in this conversation with you.

Sincerely,

S. David Wu

President, Baruch College

Baruch College message footer with Baruch College and CUNY logos

To unsubscribe from the BARUCH-STUDENTS-ANNOUNCEMENTS list, click the following link:
&*TICKET_URL(BARUCH-STUDENTS-ANNOUNCEMENTS,SIGNOFF);