[Baruch College Campus Announcement header with Baruch and CUNY logos]

January 5, 2024

Phase 2 Renovation of the Field Building at 17 Lexington Avenue: Update to Construction Schedule

Dear Baruch College Community,

The Phase 2 renovation and modernization of Baruch's historic Lawrence and Eris Field Building at 17 Lexington Avenue (aka 17 Lex) is currently moving forward and making progress. This work is being managed by CUNY and the Dormitory Authority of the State of New York, in coordination with the College's Office of Campus Facilities and Operations.

For the next two weeks, the contractor will be taking advantage of the semester break and focusing on the demolition portion of the project. They will be working multiple shifts to prepare the space for the next construction activity.

What to Expect During the Renovation

*         The contractor will be working double shifts from 6 am to 10:30 pm.

*         Elevators 4 and 5 will be dedicated for contractor use. The 16th floor will be accessible by Elevator 3.

*         There will be some increased noise as the contractor will be removing concrete located within the work area.

  *   All contractors will enter the building through the 23rd Street entrance, which will be closed to the public.
  *   Wayfinding signage and/or fire watch personnel will be posted indicating the emergency route if required. If you have questions about the path of egress, please refer them to the Public Safety officer on duty.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

  *   As noted previously, the restrooms on the 1st floor will be unavailable. Please use the 2nd-floor restrooms instead. All other restrooms located on the 3rd through 5th and on the 8th through 16th floors will remain operational.

  *   Where can I report a problem? Please contact me at 917-439-6572 or [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Thank you for your interest, continued patience, and cooperation as we work to improve the College's physical infrastructure to meet the growing needs of our community. We look forward to sharing the updates and project progress in the months to come.

Sincerely,

Tom Gaimaro
Director, Facilities Planning, Design and Construction

[Baruch College announcement footer with Baruch and CUNY logos]