Baruch College Campus Announcement message header with Baruch and CUNY logos

December 4, 2023

Year-End Support

Dear Baruch Students,

As we near the end of the Fall 2023 semester, you may be feeling the stresses and strains of final projects and upcoming exams. It has also been a challenging and emotional time given global conflicts and their impact on many in our community.

We are a diverse community. Each of us brings unique perspectives and opinions that are meaningful to us, and creating space for civil discourse within an academic community is fundamental. As we strive to be both a diverse and inclusive community, respect and appreciation for one another are paramount. Please respect and support one another and seek assistance for yourself or a peer, if needed.

Baruch College has resources should you need support.

Baruch Counseling Center

If your emotions are interfering with your ability to focus on your studies, contact the Baruch Counseling Center. The center provides free and confidential assistance, including counseling and psychological services. The Counseling Center team is here to help support your emotional well-being, help balance priorities in your schedule, and share empowering coping skills.

Campus Intervention Team

If you are concerned about a classmate or another Baruch student and feel that they are in crisis, please notify the Campus Intervention Team (CIT). This team will reach out to the individual and provide them with support.

Campus Engagement Coordinators

Annie Virkus-Estrada, Associate Dean of Students, and Damali Tolson, Director of Student Life, are designated Campus Engagement Coordinators, available to address students’ concerns and point them to the myriad support services the College has available, including counseling and other assistance in relation to current events. They can be reached via email at [log in to unmask] and [log in to unmask].

Best wishes,

Dr. Linda Essig, Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs

Art King, Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students

Mary Gorman, Vice President for Enrollment Management and Strategic Academic Initiatives

Baruch College Campus Announcement message footer with Baruch and CUNY logos

To unsubscribe from the BARUCH-STUDENTS-ANNOUNCEMENTS list, click the following link:
&*TICKET_URL(BARUCH-STUDENTS-ANNOUNCEMENTS,SIGNOFF);