Baruch Campus Announcement message header with Baruch and CUNY logos

September 8, 2023

Building Community: Campus Facilities Update for Fall 2023

Dear Students, Faculty, and Staff,

Welcome back to the new academic year. Over the past few months, the Campus Facilities and Operations and Buildings and Grounds teams have been hard at work to improve our physical infrastructure while addressing continuing challenges.

I would like to bring to your attention a few ongoing or potential facilities projects that may cause delay or disruption as well as notable improvements that we were able to accomplish.

Ongoing Projects That May Cause Inconvenience and Challenges

Notable Campus Improvements

  • Campus-wide Interior Upgrades: We are slowly but surely refreshing and upgrading interior conditions of campus buildings with painting and furniture installation, managed by Baruch’s in-house Interior Designer Jodi Ling, with assistance from Baruch’s Buildings and Grounds staff.
  • ITB Roof Replacement: After considerable effort, the roof replacement project for the ITB was completed in August.
  • Restroom Renovation: Restroom renovations in three campus buildings—the Administration Building, the NVC, and the ITB—have been successfully completed.
  • All-Gender, Single-Occupancy Restrooms: All-gender, single-occupancy restrooms are now available on campus. These include restrooms on the 1st floor of the Administration Building, the 1st floor of the ITB, and the 3rd floor of the NVC. For the locations of all-gender restrooms, please check the Campus Facilities and Operations webpage.
  • 17 Lex Water Bottle Filling Stations: Over the summer, Buildings and Grounds worked tirelessly to improve the overall environment in 17 Lex. We are happy to announce the installation of new water bottle filling stations on the 4th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, and 15th floors.
  • Campus Facilities Work Request Management System Upgrade: The Archibus Work Request System received a CUNY-wide software upgrade that went live this month. Each department has authorized users that can submit and monitor work requests. Please contact Frank Antonucci, Archibus System Administrator, at [log in to unmask] with any questions you may have.
  • Campus-wide Shredding Pick-Up: Pick-up services shall resume this fall. Please consult the College’s and University’s policies and guidance on Record Retention and Disposition prior to any document shredding.

We wish to celebrate the campus improvements we were able to achieve over the past few months and apologize in advance for the delay and inconvenience caused by construction and facilities-related work. To everyone in the campus community, thank you for your interest, continued patience, and cooperation and stay tuned for more updates and progress in the months to come.

Sincerely,

Larry Manganello, MBA, CFM

Assistant Vice President, Campus Facilities and Operations

Baruch College message footer with Baruch and CUNY logos

To unsubscribe from the BARUCH-STUDENTS-ANNOUNCEMENTS list, click the following link:
&*TICKET_URL(BARUCH-STUDENTS-ANNOUNCEMENTS,SIGNOFF);