Baruch College Campus Operations Notice message header

May 3, 2023

Impacts of the Roof Replacement Project on Baruch’s North Campus: Crane Operations on Friday, May 5

Dear Baruch Community,

As part of our ongoing construction activities to upgrade and modernize the Baruch College campus, work will continue on the Roof Replacement Project on Baruch’s North Campus. The Dormitory Authority of the State of New York (DASNY) is managing this project and has provided all the approved permits and a site safety plan.

What to Expect

  • A crane will be positioned on Clivner=Field Plaza in front of the Information and Technology Building (ITB), 151 East 25th Street. Crane operations are scheduled for this Friday, May 5, from 7 am to 3:30 pm.
  • During the lifting operations, no one will be permitted to occupy Floors 8 and 9 in the ITB. Please make arrangements with your supervisor if you have planned to come in to work on these floors during this time.
  • Floors 1 through 7 will remain active during this work. Community members accessing those floors should use the ITB’s 26th Street entrance, which will remain available.
  • Construction personnel as well as Baruch Public Safety will be directing traffic during these operations.

Please note that these operations are weather dependent and may be cancelled in accordance with NYC Department of Buildings (DOB) regulations. Recent heavy rains have forced us to change our crane scheduling. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please email Frank Antonucci, Director of Campus Operations and Administration, with any questions you may have regarding Clivner=Field Plaza, and please email me regarding any construction-related issues.

Sincerely,

Tom Gaimaro

Director, Facilities Planning, Design and Construction

Message footer with Baruch and CUNY logos

To unsubscribe from the BARUCH-STUDENTS-ANNOUNCEMENTS list, click the following link:
&*TICKET_URL(BARUCH-STUDENTS-ANNOUNCEMENTS,SIGNOFF);