[Message header: Co-Creating Our Strategic Plan: News and Updates with a photo of the College's Field Building at 17 Lexington Avenue]

April 17, 2023

Co-Creating Our Strategic Plan: Inviting Your Input

Dear Baruch Community,

Greetings! On behalf of the Strategic Planning Committee (SPC), we are pleased to provide an update on our strategic planning process and to invite members of the College community to provide feedback on our draft Strategic Plan 2023–28.

Since Spring 2022, Baruch College has been engaged in a strategic planning effort<https://strategicplanning.baruch.cuny.edu/>. During this time, our College community has participated in multiple listening and input sessions, strategic planning–focused Town Halls, an Appreciative Inquiry Summit, and design thinking sessions. The valuable input of more than 900 voices, and a review of data and other materials, has greatly informed a draft of the Strategic Plan Framework that builds on our strengths and focuses on achieving milestones to fulfill our aspirations.

We invite you to review a draft of the Strategic Plan Framework<https://strategicplanning.baruch.cuny.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/12/2023/04/Baruch-Strategic-Planning-Framework-One-Pager_Draft-041723.pdf>. We also ask all of you—Baruch’s students, faculty, staff, and extended community—to use this Strategic Planning Input Survey<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.surveymonkey.com_r_97CSH8D&d=DwIGaQ&c=mRWFL96tuqj9V0Jjj4h40ddo0XsmttALwKjAEOCyUjY&r=QqGTWwETQPvT5sKM_15AhgZVFGrfUAO5RzyvaZkerC-6Ja8boJ6WjQigKSMIL4YJqULuWUr9n6RTlWGcZbXPDg&m=Dk46rIRJMBY_m6ZwI303rD6WRl49q-C4GxnAtYQaISU03HwbFCUoVV929kR0fYO5&s=j-0iFI8pZIln21oWebcQUy5li1Ju2JXJJ0SoAxkjwN0&e= > to provide your feedback on the current draft mission, vision, and values statements as well as our strategic priorities and aligned initiatives. The survey opens today, Monday, Apr. 17, and remains open through Monday, Apr. 24. Thank you for your commitment to this process; your input is important to the success of this process and the resulting plan.

Following this survey, the next step in this planning process is to review and incorporate additional feedback and insights received into a final strategic plan. From there, we will launch the strategic plan to the Baruch community and the public next fall.

If you have any questions about the strategic planning effort, please feel free to reach out to us or any member of the SPC. You can also visit the strategic planning website<https://strategicplanning.baruch.cuny.edu/>, which includes information about our overall timeline, the planning committee, and an “always on” open comment tool where you can<https://strategicplanning.baruch.cuny.edu/engagement-opportunities/> provide your ideas and comments on Baruch’s strategic plan.

Thank you in advance for your participation in this important work to shape the future of Baruch together.

In partnership,

Dr. Linda Essig
Provost and Co-chair, Baruch Community Strategic Planning Committee

Dr. Kenya N. Lee
Chief of Staff and Co-chair, Baruch Community Strategic Planning Committee

[Message footer: Baruch and CUNY logos with the strategic planning website url: strategicplanning.baruch.cuny.edu]