[cid:image001.jpg@01D92105.88D1E370]

January 26, 2023

Protecting Baruch’s Buildings Against Winter Weather Damage

Dear Students, Faculty, and Staff,

It may be the first week of the spring semester—welcome and welcome back, everyone—but we are in the coldest part of the winter, with below-freezing overnight temperatures possible from now until the spring season, when more temperate weather begins. Therefore, we need to take precautions to safeguard our buildings from winter-related damage.

In areas with operable windows and individual heating controls, please ensure that all windows are completely closed and the heat is on turned on when you leave the building at the end of the day. These precautions will help ensure that pipes do not freeze and cause damage within our buildings.

If you encounter heating, window, or any other facilities-related issues:

  *   During business hours (Monday–Friday, 9 am–5 pm), contact Buildings and Grounds: call 646-660-6630 or submit a work request order through the Baruch work order system<https://ssologin.cuny.edu/cuny.html?resource_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbaruch-archibus.cuny.edu%252F>.
  *   During off hours, call Public Safety at 646-660-6000.

The Campus Facilities and Operations team appreciates your cooperation.

Sincerely,

Larry Manganello, MBA, CFM
Assistant Vice President, Campus Facilities and Operations

[cid:image002.jpg@01D924F8.775C7E60]