[cid:image001.jpg@01D895E3.815C1500]
October 4, 2022

Heating Issue in South Campus Necessitates Temporary Modality Change

Dear Students, Faculty, and Staff,

The boiler that generates heat for our South Campus buildings (the Field Building at 17 Lexington Avenue, the Administrative Building at 135 East 22nd Street, and Steven L. Newman Hall at 137 East 22nd Street) needs to be repaired. The efforts of Baruch's Facilities team and the Dormitory Authority of the State of New York (DASNY) will be ongoing through the weekend.

For immediate planning purposes, we estimate that South Campus will not have heat until next Monday, Oct. 10, when the College will be closed for Columbus Day/Indigenous Peoples' Day. We anticipate that heat will be restored to South Campus by Tuesday, Oct. 11, and in-person work and learning can resume at that time. We will communicate any changes to that timeline, so please monitor your email.

In the meantime, please be aware of the following guidance:

  *   Students and Faculty: All classes scheduled for in-person sessions in the Field Building, the Administrative Building, and Newman Hall will switch to remote instruction on Thursday and Friday, Oct. 6-7. (No classes are scheduled today and tomorrow in observance of the Yom Kippur holiday.)
  *   Staff: In consultation with department heads, business units can elect to work remotely during this time.
  *   Researchers and Research Staff: For those conducting research in 17 Lex whose work could be negatively impacted by the lack of heat, please contact your department chair.

We regret the inconvenience and discomfort you have experienced due to this heating problem. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Sincerely,

Linda Essig, PhD

Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs

Katharine Cobb

Vice President for Administration and Finance

[cid:image002.jpg@01D895E3.815C1500]