February 24, 2022

Marxe Dean Search Progress Report

Dear Baruch Community:

I am very happy to provide a progress report on the search for the next dean of the Austin W. Marxe School of Public and International Affairs. The search committee, led by Dr. Myung-Soo Lee and assisted by Russell Reynolds Associates, reviewed a strong and diverse pool of candidates. They conducted Zoom interviews with semifinalists during the week of February 14. I also met briefly with this group of candidates and am truly impressed by their depth of experience, knowledge, and abilities.

Save the Dates!

The search committee recommended that we bring four finalist candidates to campus for a hybrid interview. The dates of these finalist visits are Wednesday, March 2; Monday, March 7; Thursday, March 10; and Friday, March 11. The open candidate forum will be conducted via Zoom to maximize participation. This forum will be 1:30–3 pm each of the days. To secure candidate confidentiality, candidate CVs and the meeting registration information will be released the day before each candidate’s visit. All participants will be invited to provide feedback through our Russell Reynolds consultants.

Note of Appreciation

Deep appreciation goes to the search committee for their commitment, diligence, and generosity of both time and spirit:

*         Myung-Soo Lee, Professor of Marketing, Zicklin School of Business, and Director, Weisman Center for International Business

*         Janet Dewart Bell, Executive MPA Alumna and Marxe Advisory Board Member

*         Hector Cordero-Guzman, Professor, Marxe School, and Interim President, CUNY Research Foundation

*         Diane Gibson, Professor, Marxe School, and Executive Director, Baruch Research Data Center

*         Stephanie Golob, Chair and Associate Professor of Political Science, Weissman School

*         Sanders Korenman, Professor, Marxe School

*         Elizabeth Schad, Graduate Student, Marxe School

Thank you in advance for welcoming our candidates at the open forum or in your small group meetings with them.

Warm regards,

Dr. Linda Essig

Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs

 <https://pmail.baruch.cuny.edu/PoliteMail/images/NEW%20Provost%20Template%20Footer.jpg>