cid:image001.png@01D68057.B9FC0620

October 1, 2021

Building Community: Campus Facilities Update for October 2021

Dear Students, Faculty, and Staff,

To those of you who have returned to campus to learn, teach, conduct research, and support our academic, administrative, and business functions, welcome back! I hope you have enjoyed seeing the facilities improvements that have taken place during the period of distance learning and mainly remote work.

Major projects, such as Phase 1A of the Field Building renovation, Clivner=Field Plaza, and the much-anticipated Allen G. and Mary E. Aaronson Student Center, have been completed. It’s rewarding to see our community enjoying the amenities these new and refurbished spaces provide.

Noteworthy Projects and Updates

Currently, Baruch’s Campus Facilities Office is managing 24 capital projects in partnership with our City University of New York (CUNY) and Dormitory Authority of the State of New York (DASNY) counterparts. There are 7 projects in the pre-design and design phase, 3 projects in the bid-and-award phase, 11 projects in construction, and 3 projects substantially complete. Some noteworthy updates include:

Lawrence and Eris Field Building: Phase 2 of the Renovation

Now in the design stage, the next phase of the renovation of this historic building will include a new multipurpose room on the ground floor, new ADA-compliant restroom facilities, and new classrooms on the sixth and seventh floors.

Information and Technology Building

• Elevator Modernization: This project, which addresses and accommodates increased traffic flow, includes new code-compliant elevator controls as well as additional openings and stops. The project, which will begin this month, is expected to be completed by the end of 2022.

•Roof Replacement: The lower roof replacement was completed in spring 2021; the upper roof replacement is expected to begin in spring 2022 and be completed in fall 2022.

• Library Shelving Project: The north side of the 4th floor has been completed, and the south side is underway, with expected completion later this fall.

Campus-wide Door Replacement

The exterior doors of the Newman Vertical Campus (NVC) and Information Technology Building (ITB) are being replaced with new ADA-compliant doors. The NVC portion is scheduled to begin in the next few weeks followed by the ITB portion. Both buildings are expected to be completed early next year. The project also includes new vestibules.

Administration Building: Restroom Renovation

In the first phase of this two-phase project, bathrooms on floors 2, 4, 5, 6, and 7 are currently being renovated to be ADA-compliant. Phase one is expected to be completed later this fall. The second phase, to include restrooms on floors 1, 3, and 9, is expected to begin in the fall and completed in early 2022. Restroom renovations on floors 8 and 10 were completed under a separate contract last year.

Newman Vertical Campus: Terrazzo Floor Replacement

Portions of the existing flooring have delaminated and are in need of repair. The replacement work will be divided into phases, with high-traffic areas completed over the winter break. The project is expected to be completed by summer 2022.

Sidewalk Scaffolding Installation on South Campus
Scaffolding has been installed to accommodate building façade inspections, required every five years under Local Law 11. Façade review, inspections, and repairs commence in October. This project is expected to be completed by early 2022.

Baruch Buzzes with Improvements

Our Buildings and Grounds staff continues to provide a high level of service to the entire Baruch community.

Prior to our return to campus, the custodial team conducted a deep cleaning of all Baruch offices, classrooms, and spaces. To better serve Baruch, we introduced the new ECT (Enhanced Cleaning Team). Designated by their blue vests and distinctive name, the ECT is responsible for providing high-touch cleaning of surfaces throughout campus.

Stay tuned for more exciting information in the months to come!

Thank you for your interest, continued patience, and cooperation.

Sincerely,

Larry Manganello, MBA, CFM

Assistant Vice President, Campus Facilities and Operations

cid:image002.jpg@01D68057.B9FC0620

To unsubscribe from the BARUCH-STUDENTS-ANNOUNCEMENTS list, click the following link:
&*TICKET_URL(BARUCH-STUDENTS-ANNOUNCEMENTS,SIGNOFF);