December 15, 2020

My December Blog: “The 70-30 Principle—We Are in This Together”

Dear Baruch Community,

Since starting my blog in July, I have often wondered if these “think pieces” help our community take a more expansive view of our collective future, avoiding the curse of tunnel vision or short-term thinking that only focuses on getting over a current crisis and which undermines our ability to make decisions for the long-term health of the institution. In my latest blog post, “The 70-30 Principle—We Are in This Together <https://pmail.baruch.cuny.edu/PoliteMail/default.aspx?page=xJIfX2eOJkukt_d6lthFgA&ref_id=AGQuJTLQIEqhIItsurfhsw> ,” I would like to shift gears and balance these broad concepts with a few concrete, practical ideas.

It is important for me to connect directly with those who strive to make the day-to-day operations of the College possible during this incredibly challenging time. So much effort is spent focusing on the research and teaching missions of the College that we often neglect to acknowledge those who are the engine and make the College function. It is those individuals—Baruch’s talented staff—who are essential in taking the larger vision and transforming it into a not just workable plan but a path to our success.

I invite you to read the post in its entirety here <https://pmail.baruch.cuny.edu/PoliteMail/default.aspx?page=xJIfX2eOJkukt_d6lthFgA&ref_id=AGQuJTLQIEqhIItsurfhsw>  and subscribe, comment, like, and sign up for notifications. In the midst of it all, I wish you moments of peace, healing, and happiness and look forward to continuing our journey together in the new year.

Sincerely,

S. David Wu

President, Baruch College