November 23, 2020

Thank You and Best Wishes for the Thanksgiving Holiday

Dear Baruch Community,

In the spirit of the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday, I want to extend my deepest appreciation to the faculty, staff, and students who make Baruch College such an incredible institution. As I near the half-year mark of my tenure as president, I am in awe over how much we have accomplished as an institution, and I know it is only possible because of your hard work and dedication.

The painful reality is that as we strive to make the Baruch experience the best it can be for our students, many in our community are experiencing previously unimaginable levels of stress and personal hardships. As we break for the holiday, it’s important to remember those who are enduring economic crises, caring for family members 24/7, educating children who are learning remotely, and coping with the financial, physical, and emotional strain of it all. My thoughts and best wishes are with you, and if there is anything you feel Baruch can assist with, please email me at [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> .

I also hope you will take time over the Thanksgiving break to take care of yourself. Even though in many cases we can’t visit our loved ones, we can cherish them from afar and put our newly acquired tech skills to good use to get together virtually over the holiday.

With best wishes,

S. David Wu

President, Baruch College