November 19, 2020

Baruch College Receives Major Gift to Support Black and Latino Students’ Success

Dear Baruch Community,

I am excited to share with you that Baruch College is selected to receive a $1 million gift from Bank of America that will have a profound impact on the academic, professional, and personal success of our Black and Latino students. The gift will fund comprehensive new initiatives, including education and career development programs that prepare our students to enter the professional workforce and to embark on a path to success.

It is with pride to note that Baruch College is the first education institution in the Northeast selected by Bank of America to receive the company’s $25 million nationwide initiative with nearly two dozen colleges and universities across the country.

We are grateful to Bank of America for this generous gift, which represents the largest corporate gift to Baruch in 20 years and the second largest in the College’s history.

Introducing Black and Latinx Success Amplified

With this funding, Baruch will establish Black and Latinx Success Amplified, a comprehensive, multiprong model of services that will integrate and expand the College’s existing programs to support Black and Latino students’ success—from matriculation to graduation and beyond. This large initiative will provide a range of intense programming support from experiential learning opportunities, to culturally responsive counseling services, to mentorships with Baruch’s New York City–based and global network of alumni.

Baruch: A Powerhouse for Diverse Talent

The Black and Latinx Success Amplified initiative is the latest example of Baruch College’s ongoing commitment to advancing academic success and economic mobility for our students. The spirit of innovation and ingenuity coming from this initiative will benefit all Baruch students, many of whom come from underserved communities.

As important, this exciting partnership with Bank of America marks a new beginning for Baruch’s efforts to substantively and creatively engage with business, civic, and community organizations and to position the College as a powerhouse of diverse new talent.

A Campus-wide Effort for Students

Please join me in thanking members of the Baruch community—the Office of College Advancement, Division of Enrollment Management & Strategic Academic Initiatives, and Division of Student Affairs—who have been instrumental in securing Bank of America’s
$1 million gift and who will be administering Black and Latinx Success Amplified. Learn more about Baruch College and Bank of America’s partnership here <https://pmail.baruch.cuny.edu/PoliteMail/default.aspx?page=myTUzmQhu0anS7HVfRZDUw&ref_id=gvtnDO9WQUGoabytOUHe6A> .

Sincerely,

S. David Wu

President, Baruch College