BBTEACH-L Archives

January 2004

BBTEACH-L@BARUCH.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Jim Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 20:51:47 -0500
On Tuesday, January 27, CUNY CIS will sponsor a one day training/overview
for faculty, instructional support staff, and Blackboard administrators on
the enhanced features of Blackboard 6.0 from a teaching perspective.  The
training will take place at John Jay College. The goal of the session is to
familiarize faculty and those supporting them with functional changes to
the application." See AGENDA below for more details.

Baruch College faculty interested in attending should contact me so that I
can report a head count to CUNY-CIS. Please note that Baruch will still run
Bb 5.5 in the spring. So, if you are only interested in Bb for spring 2004,
these training sessions are NOT for you.  Training sessions for the spring
will be posted tomorrow, Friday January 9th on the Baruch web site.

However, if you want to see what improvements lie ahead (better gradebook,
better quizzes and surveys, more flexibility in structuring your Bb course
site, new virtual classroom, new "light chat") and get a head start, you
may want to attend. This event will also provide a great opportunity to
compare notes with other faculty using Bb around CUNY.

These sessions will be video taped and will be made available a few days
after the session.

AGENDA

9:00 am - 10:00 am
Light Breakfast
Mingle and meet other CUNY Faculty Bb users

10:00 am - 12:30 pm
Session I -- Teaching with Blackboard 6.0 - New Features

12:45 pm - 1:30 pm
Box Lunch

1:45 pm - 4:00 pm
Session II - Repeat of Session I

4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Wrap Up/Q&A

LOCATION

John Jay College of Criminal Justice
T Building
899 10th Avenue
(Take escalator down to the theatre)

NOTE
Sessions I and II are identical, so you don't need to attend both.

Jim
Jim Russell, Director of Instructional Technology
Baruch College, 1 Bernard Baruch Way, H-0910
New York, NY 10010
v: (646) 312-4895                    f:  (646) 312-1021