BBFACSTAFF-L Archives

February 2002

BBFACSTAFF-L@BARUCH.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Vince Passaro <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vince Passaro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 16:36:46 -0500
EXCITING NEW DEVELOPMENTS AT THE SUBOTNICK CENTER:

We have added easy to use help screens to Reuters in the Trading
Room, and 99 powerful worksheets with predefined functions.  This
makes it much easier for your students to search news stories for
business journalism classes or use live price data in calculations for
economics, finance and accounting courses.

We also now offer your students the ability to view live stock, bond,
currency and commodity price data, plus linked spreadsheets,
economic and general news ON YOUR OWN CLASSROOM SCREEN
on a reserved basis.

Our TraderBot software performs powerful screening functions.
Students can screen the entire market for stocks with P/Es ratios of
between, say, 6 and 10, and a market capitalization of less than 1
billion.  Or, students can focus on individual market sectors or industry
groups.  Our FirstCall software enables students to look at what the
analysts are writing about virtually any publicly traded stock, as well as
examine the required government filings.

Perhaps most exciting of all, is the ability to HEAR the market in real
time.  The Subotnick Financial Services Center now not only looks like
a trading room, it sounds like one too.  Prices, trades and the noise of
the "virtual" trading crowd for the actively traded emini S&P futures
contract amplify the excitement level at Subotnick.

We still have space at SFSC for you to book class sessions in the
trading room, seminar room, or development classroom.  Check the
calendar at zicklin.baruch.cuny.edu/sfsc/ to determine what dates and
times are available, then email or call me to book space.

Stop by anytime for a visit to learn how you can incorporate the state of
the art SFSC capabilities into your classes.

I look forward to seeing you soon!

Cheers,

Chris

Christopher B.Ruemke
Manager, Subotnick Financial Services Center
Zicklin School of Business, Baruch College/CUNY
17 Lexington Avenue, Box H-0125
New York, NY 10010
Phone:212-802-2208 / Fax:212-802-2098
http://zicklin.baruch.cuny.edu/sfsc/