BBFACSTAFF-L Archives

March 2003

BBFACSTAFF-L@BARUCH.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 17:36:39 -0500
To:  Baruch College Community

From:  President Ned Regan

Subject: Freshman Week 2003

Baruch’s incoming freshman class is among the most significant forces driving the
continual reshaping of Baruch’s future.  Students who are admitted and decide to
attend Baruch directly from high school have a power to improve our College, which
is limited only by their dreams, innovation and desire to succeed.

More than ever Baruch is recruiting and succeeding to attract students not only from
the City’s most prestigious high schools, but from those of the country and the World.
While it is solely within their power to get admitted to Baruch, only they can do the
work in high school necessary to make them eligible and prepare them for rigorous
road of a Baruch education, it is well within ours to help them realize the wisdom of
their choice to apply to Baruch and, once they are admitted, do what we can to
convince them that Baruch is the best place for them to apply their determination and
fresh ideas.

It is for this reason that I write to you today about a series of open houses currently
being organized by Jim Murphy and his admissions staff.  The open houses, or
Freshman Week as it’s being called, will be held on Tuesday, April 1st from 3pm-
7pm, and on Friday, April 4th and Saturday, April 5th from 10am-4pm.  The purpose
of these open houses is to allow high school seniors who have been admitted to
Baruch to come to our campus and find out what our academic programs and
student life can offer them.  On each open house day there will be two two-hour
information sessions facilitated at either the Vertical Campus conference room or the
Conference Center at 151 E. 25th Street.  The room will be set up with rectangular
tables along its perimeter, each table serving as a station for the prospective
freshman to stop and ask a faculty member about an academic program he or she
represents; a student about a club to which he or she belongs; or a staff member
about a service, such as financial aid, that he or she helps to facilitate.

I know you agree with me when I say that we all much take an active part in shaping
the future of our College.  What better way than to meet it face to face?  I urge you to
contact Jim Murphy at your earliest convenience to volunteer your time and support
to this important endeavor.