BBFACSTAFF-L Archives

November 2004

BBFACSTAFF-L@BARUCH.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Vince Passaro <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vince Passaro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 2004 16:57:52 -0500
TWO ITEMS OF INTEREST FOLLOW. PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO MAKE SURE
YOU SEE BOTH. PLEASE DO NOT USE THE 'REPLY' FEATURE TO RESPOND TO
THESE ITEMS. INSTEAD E-MAIL OR PHONE THE CONTACTS INDICATED FOR
EACH. THANK YOU.

Friday, December 3 is the deadline for eligibility in the CUNY Campaign Early Bird
Raffle.  Those who give or pledge $130, or $5 per period, will be eligible to win a trip
to Las Vegas or a DVD player.

The CUNY Campaign benefits nearly a thousand charitable organizations, most of
which are located right here in New York.  From the National Hemophilia Foundation
and the New York Immigration Coalition to the Boys Choir of Harlem and our own
Baruch College Fund, the CUNY Campaign support organizations that help make
our community better in countless, but important, ways.

Please give generously to the Campaign—and by December 3 so you’ll be eligible
for the raffle—by completing a pledge form and submitting it to your division captain
or by mailing it to Brian Kell, Baruch’s campaign coordinator, Box A-1603.  If you
have any questions or need another pledge form, contact e-mail Brian at

Greetings, all:
The Joint Committee on Research of Baruch College recently convened to
consider issues affecting the research needs of the faculty. The committee
is represented by faculty from the Weissman School of Arts & Sciences, the
Zicklin School of Business and the School of Public Affairs.

The Committee’s charge is to support faculty by serving in an advisory
capacity to the Office of Sponsored Programs & Research, by articulating
faculty concerns regarding college wide policy on research, and by
directing such concerns to the attention of senior administration with
recommendations for action.  In other words, the charge of the Committee
is broad and we take our mandate seriously to address the issues of
greatest concern to faculty as they undertake research in a variety of
traditions and fields.

Because this Committee has not met in a number of years, we felt it
important to solicit your suggestions in shaping our agenda.  Please take
the time to inform us, in writing, of the issues you regard as the most
pressing ones affecting your research at Baruch College.  We want to hear
about what is missing, what is working well, but may need improvement, as
well as what is working poorly and require thorough and immediate
attention. Of course, this does not need to be a long statement, but one
that is in writing will allow us to compile a working list of priorities.
Your email may be sent to [log in to unmask]  In
order to maintain momentum and a realistic timeline, we would request your
response and advice by January 15, 2005.

On behalf of the Committee, I look forward to hearing from each of you. I
can assure you that each response will be taken seriously.

The Joint Committee on Research
Carroll Seron, Chairperson (School of Public Affairs)
Turan Bali, Member (Economics & Finance)
Eva Chou, Member (English)
Ajay Das, Member (Management)
Ramona Heck, Member (Management)
David Rosenberg, Member (Law)
Tansen Sen, Member (History)
Alan Evelyn, ex officio Member (Office of Sponsored Programs & Research)

--
Joint Committee on Research
Baruch College