BBFACSTAFF-L Archives

January 2005

BBFACSTAFF-L@BARUCH.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 18:06:51 -0500
 January 18, 2005

To: Baruch College Community
From: Robert M. Specter
Re: Sharon Chambliss-Alvarez To Lead the Office of Human Resources

I am pleased to announce that Ms. Sharon Chambliss-Alvarez will join Baruch
College as the Director of the Office of Human Resources.  Sharon will join us March
1, pending approval by the CUNY Board of Trustees in February.  A national search
yielded a diverse pool of qualified and talented applicants, and Sharon prevailed.
Her academic and administrative experience, leadership skills, and style closely fit
our needs.  We are fortunate to have Sharon join us as we begin a new era of
process improvement and automation in human resources management at the
College.

I take this opportunity to express my sincere gratitude and appreciation to Abe Tawil,
Interim Director of the Office of Human Resources, for his diligent leadership and his
dedication to Baruch College.  Abe will continue to lead the Office until Sharon
arrives, and then assist her through a brief transition period.

Some more background on Sharon Chambliss-Alvarez: Sharon brings an expansive
breadth of experience, knowledge, and expertise to her new role as Director.
Subsequent to earning a Bachelor of Science degree in Marketing from Hampton
University, she earned a Juris Doctorate from St. John’s University School of Law.
Sharon has extensive background in human resource administration, the last 18
years of which were in public higher education.  The early part of her career with the
New York City Department of Health focused in the areas of employment and
training.  Sharon then moved to SUNY Downstate Medical Center in 1987, where
she held pivotal roles in employment and training services management, general
human resource administration, and labor relations.

I am pleased that Sharon will be contributing her professional talents to our
community, and have every confidence she will be a strong addition to the College
administration.  We look forward to Sharon’s arrival.