BBFACSTAFF-L Archives

September 2004

BBFACSTAFF-L@BARUCH.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 2004 13:13:24 -0400
September 1, 2004
To: Baruch College Community
From: Robert M. Specter
Re: Welcome Toby Winer!

I am pleased to announce the appointment of Ms. Toby Winer to the position of
Assistant Vice President for Planning and Budget, effective today.  Toby’s
appointment is expected to be approved by the CUNY Board of Trustees at the end
of the month.  Toby will direct and oversee the daily operations and administration of
the Baruch College Office of Planning and Budget.  A national search was mounted
that yielded a diverse pool of qualified and talented applicants, and Toby prevailed.
She stood head-and-shoulders above the other candidates in academic and
administrative experience, leadership skills and style.  We are fortunate to have her
join us as we begin a new era of improved financial management at Baruch College
under the leadership of President Kathleen Waldron.

I take this opportunity to express my sincere gratitude and appreciation to Mary
Finnen, Assistant Vice President for Finance, in recognition of her continuing
dedication and diligent work with the budget over the years.  Mary will work closely
with Toby as the responsibilities for planning, budget development, and budget
execution evolve during this transition period.  Following that transition, Mary and
her team leaders in the business services arenas will redesign our overall business
operations to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our services.  Together,
Mary and Toby will create a strong and experienced fiscal leadership team that will
bring about marked service improvements for our campus.

Some more background on Toby Winer:  She recently returned New York City
following a highly successful 14-year career with the University of California.  She
served as the first Assistant Vice President for Administration within the Division of
Agriculture and Natural Resources, providing leadership in finance and
administration.  Of the many initiatives she spearheaded, Toby established the
Division’s first budgetary system and developed annual and long range plans for the
Division.  She then served as the first Assistant Vice President for Development
Services for Agriculture and Natural Resources at UC.  Toby also served as
Associate Vice Chancellor for Finance at Vanderbilt University in Nashville,
Tennessee, overseeing the management and supervision of the accounting and
administrative units.

Toby Winer brings an expansive breadth of experience, knowledge, and expertise to
her new role as Assistant Vice President.  Subsequent to earning a Bachelor of Arts
degree with a concentration in Mathematics from Carnegie-Mellon University, she
received a Master of Business Administration from Columbia University Graduate
School of Business and is a CPA.  Toby also held senior positions in private
industry, including PriceWaterhouseCoopers and Cendant Corporation.
Please join me in welcoming Toby Winer to Baruch College!  I am pleased that she
will be contributing her professional talents to our community, and have every
confidence she will be a strong addition to the College administration.  Toby can be
reached at (212) 802-2806 and via e-mail at [log in to unmask]