BBFACSTAFF-L Archives

October 2005

BBFACSTAFF-L@BARUCH.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Public Announcements <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Public Announcements <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Oct 2005 12:21:26 -0400
To:  The Baruch College Community
From:  President Kathleen Waldron

On Saturday a 7.6 magnitude earthquake wracked South Asia, claiming tens of
thousands of lives in Pakistan, and hundreds, perhaps thousands, more in
India. As an international community, Baruch College deeply feels the
devastating effects of this natural disaster. As many of our students and
faculty await word of the safety of loved ones from their home countries,
our prayers, best wishes and deepest sympathies are sent out to all those in
and from the affected areas of South Asia.

In this time of crisis, members of the Baruch College community may wish to
consider offering donations to agencies that will be deploying assistance to
South Asia in response to this tragedy. We offer this list of charitable
agencies aiding the earthquake victims (from The New York Times, October 11,
2005):

AMERICAN RED CROSS
800-HELP-NOW
www.redcross.org