BBFACSTAFF-L Archives

January 2006

BBFACSTAFF-L@BARUCH.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jan 2006 16:27:15 -0500
Memorandum to:  The Baruch College Community
From:           President Kathleen Waldron
Date:           27 January 2006

I am delighted to launch the Baruch College Strategic Plan, 2006-2011,
which can be accessed on the College’s website at

   http://www.baruch.cuny.edu/president/.

We began the planning process ten months ago, and called upon a number
of the College's standing committees and other College groups to elicit
broad participation in examining important issues and making
recommendations to the Strategic Planning Council.  Over 100 people
participated in the process, attending a retreat, submitting reports,
reviewing recommendations and attending open forums for discussion.  On
November 1, 2005, the Council circulated a draft plan to the College
community inviting comment.  The Strategic Planning Council encouraged
conversation and worked hard to understand and synthesize the many
recommendations we received.  We are very grateful to students, faculty,
staff, alumni and friends who came to the town halls, debated in their
departments, and emailed us comments.  All the feedback we received was
shared with, read, and discussed by the Council.  Many suggestions were
incorporated into the Plan we have now adopted, and we are confident it
is stronger as a result.

In the coming weeks, we will be moving swiftly on developing an
implementation plan so that we can make and track progress towards the
goals outlined in the document.  I look forward to working with you to
make Baruch College an institution of which we are all very proud.

Members of the Strategic Planning Council:
Kathleen Waldron, President (Chair)
Paula Berggren, Professor of English
David Birdsell, Acting Dean of the School of Public Affairs
Myrna Chase, Dean of the Weissman School of Arts and Sciences
Ben Corpus, Vice President for Student Development & Enrollment Management
David Dannenbring, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
John Dugan, Dean of Faculty & Staff Relations, Counsel to the President
John Elliott, Vice President and Dean of the Zicklin School of Business
David Gallagher, Vice President for College Advancement
Mary Gorman Hetherington, Chief of Staff to the President
Shaheen Mandani, Undergraduate Student
Terrence Martell, Chair of the Faculty Senate, Saxe Distinguished
    Professor of Finance; Director of the Weissman Center for International
    Business
Diane Morgan, Graduate Student
Alvin Puryear, Lawrence N. Field Professor of Entrepreneurship and Professor
    of Management
Robert Specter, Vice President for Administration and Finance
Lynne Weikart, Associate Professor of Public Affairs
Larry Zicklin, Chairman, Baruch College Fund