BBFACSTAFF-L Archives

October 2002

BBFACSTAFF-L@BARUCH.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 12:17:05 -0500
October 28, 2002

To: Baruch Community

From: David Dannenbring
 Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs

Re: Jennifer Lee and College Now

Please join me in welcoming Jennifer Lee to Baruch as our first
College Now Coordinator.  Formerly serving in NYU's Steinhardt
School of Education Office of Field Projects, Ms. Lee has substantial
experience with higher education-secondary education collaborative
programs.  Ms. Lee holds an MSW from NYU and is currently pursuing
a second masters in educational technology; she completed her
undergraduate degree at SUNY Oneida.  We look to her to strengthen
and develop College Now at Baruch.

College Now is CUNY's university-wide outreach program with the
New York City Public High Schools.  It is an extremely popular
program: high school students across the city registered for more
than 25,000 College Now courses last year.  College Now is also
increasingly important to the Board of Education and the City
University of New York.

Baruch has long been involved in high school outreach and there are
several successful programs, including the Academy of Finance and
Virtual Enterprise and the Baruch Preparatory Plan.  Ms. LeeÕs
appointment, however, marks a new level of commitment from CUNY
and Baruch to College Now.  If you would like to learn more about
College Now or are interested in participating, please email call
Jennifer Lee at 646-312-2495 or email her at

Thank you very much.