BBFACSTAFF-L Archives

July 2002

BBFACSTAFF-L@BARUCH.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 15:59:48 -0400
To:       Baruch Faculty
From:  Subotnick Financial Services Center, Chris Ruemke, Manager

            Since our March 2000 opening, the Subotnick Financial
Services Center has been used for over 100 class meetings of more
than 40 undergraduate and masters level courses in departments
ranging from Finance to Business Journalism to Marketing.

             The first one hour and fifteen minute Reuters Seminar of the
Summer Session is August 5th, 2:05 pm.  Visit the website (see
address below) for more information.

            To maximize the educational value of the center, SFSC Director
Bruce Weber and I would like to support you and your students in any
way we can.  We have worked with faculty to develop in-class
exercises and homework assignments based on the centerÕs:

           -live and historic news stories as well as market data
           -built in, ready to complete, student spreadsheet exercises
           -analytic tools in Microsoft, Excel and SAS
           -company research reports and accounting data
           -several trading simulations, plus one that uses actual price
data

Our information sources are ÒdownloadableÓ; students can create
their own data files and analyze them later away from the Center.

Easy to use help screens will have you and your students actively
using Reuters, First Call, and other programs within 5 minutes.

            Students wishing to take classes here know that faculty using
the center are listed under the ÒclassesÓ link of our website:

http://aux.zicklin.baruch.cuny.edu/sfsc

            We have plenty of available time slots for Summer and Fall
2002 class sessions (view our online calendar from the ÒcalendarÓ
link on the SFSC website), and weÕd like you to build one or more
Subotnick Center sessions into your course syllabus. Contact us to
learn how to integrate the Subotnick Center into your lectures and
class assignments.

Christopher B.Ruemke
Manager, Subotnick Financial Services Center
Zicklin School of Business, Baruch College/CUNY
17 Lexington Avenue, Box H-0125
New York, NY 10010
Phone:212-802-2208 / Fax:212-802-2098