BBFACSTAFF-L Archives

March 2006

BBFACSTAFF-L@BARUCH.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Baruch College Faculty/Staff Announcements <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 2006 15:12:52 -0500
Memorandum to: The General Faculty
From: President Kathleen Waldron
Re: General Faculty Meeting on March 30

You may access the agenda and reports from College officers and committees
of the general faculty at <http://www.baruch.cuny.edu/gfm>. I urge you to
attend our Spring meeting, scheduled for Thursday, March 30, at 12:45 p.m.
in Room 3-150 of the Vertical Campus.

A recent court decision has made us aware that legislative bodies of the
College (excluding search or P&B committees), such as the General Faculty,
are subject to the State's Open Meetings law. I call this to your
attention in particular because the quorum requirements for a public body
have been interpreted to call for a majority of all the members of the
body. In addition, a majority vote of all members, not just those in
attendance, is required to take action on business before the body.

I very much look forward to seeing you on March 30.