BBFACSTAFF-L Archives

December 2003

BBFACSTAFF-L@BARUCH.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Human Resources Announcement <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Human Resources Announcement <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Dec 2003 11:51:43 -0500
To:  Employees Enrolled with Dependent Students in a City
Health Plan

From:  Donna Katz, SPHR
  Associate Director of Human Resources

Date:  December 2, 2003

Re:         Graduating Students and Loss of Dependent Status
Continuation of Health Coverage-REMINDER

Under the City Health Plans, coverage for an unmarried, dependent, full
time student terminates when the student graduates, ceases to be a full
time student or on December 31st of the year of the student’s 23rd
birthday, whichever is earlier.

If your dependent falls under one of the above categories, you can purchase
continuation of health insurance (COBRA) at full cost plus 2%
administrative costs. Please notify us as soon as possible in writing to
Box D-0202 or you may e-mail me at [log in to unmask] Please
indicate the health plan, reason, date of loss of coverage, the name,
social security number of the employee and the student.

If you have any questions, you can call me at (212) 802-2740 or e-mail at
the above address.