BBFACSTAFF-L Archives

October 2005

BBFACSTAFF-L@BARUCH.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Oct 2005 17:30:12 -0400
To: All Faculty
From: Ben Corpus, Vice President for Student Development & Enrollment
Re: College for a Day – Volunteers Needed

Dear Colleagues,

November 4th and November 18th are the dates of this year's College for a
Day visits and we hope that there are many Baruch faculty eager to help us
achieve the goal of those days: to encourage the best and brightest high
school students in New York City to seek out higher education, and to do
it, preferably, at Baruch.

As a result of College for a Day, over 1,000 juniors and seniors from New
York City high schools have come to Baruch to receive information about
applying for college and financial aid, in addition to being given a sense
of a typical day here at the College by attending two 45-minute classes
taught by Baruch faculty. Since initiating the program in 2002, Baruch has
seen an increase in enrollment from many of the highest ranking high
schools in New York City.

Students arrive at the Vertical Campus at 8:30 a.m. After breakfast and a
short greeting and information session in VC 1-150, students report to
their classes (the first at 9:45 a.m., the second at 10:45 a.m.) in a
classroom on the 4th floor of the VC.

I hope you are available to volunteer to teach a class or two for us on
either November 4th or November 18th. To express your interest in
teaching, or to ask any questions about College for a Day, please call
David Keller in The Office of Undergraduate Admissions at 646-312-1367 or
email him at [log in to unmask]

This is a great way for us to reach out to the youth of the City:
harvesting the best of its high schools for our College, while publicizing
our standing as leaders and innovators in higher education. I will be
grateful for whatever amount of your energy, time, and talent you can
contribute to this cause.

Sincerely,
Ben Corpus
Vice President for Student Development & Enrollment