BBFACSTAFF-L Archives

March 2002

BBFACSTAFF-L@BARUCH.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Vince Passaro <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Vince Passaro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 16:41:43 -0500
President Ned Regan and Vice President and Provost David Dannenbring have
announced that Professor Myrna Chase has been appointed dean of the
Weissman School of Arts and Sciences, and that the current acting dean of the
School, Professor Dennis Slavin, has been appointed associate provost of the
College, with primary responsibilities in the area of faculty development.  Both
appointments are effective June 1, 2002.

Professor Chase last served administratively as acting provost, prior to the
appointment of David Dannenbring in the autumn of 2001.

"I am very proud and very pleased about both of these important appointments,"
President Regan said in preparing to make the announcement.  "Dennis Slavin
has done an excellent job as acting dean during the transition and he brings
those administrative skills and scholarly talents to a needed new position in the
provost’s area, with a wide array of duties.  And Myrna Chase was the person I
relied upon most in my own orientation after becoming president of Baruch.  She
taught me about this institution and about higher education with sophistication
and depth, and I was most privileged to have that knowledge and kindness at my
disposal as I began my tenure.  She will be a superb scholarly, intellectual, and
administrative leader of the Weissman School.  We can look to the coming years
with great excitement and optimism."